Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thoughts of a Thursday

Sorry for missing my usual Monday-blogging appointment. I know you've all been waiting with bated breath for what I would come up with this week. I actually did write a post earlier, which was conceived of as a witty account of our trip last weekend disguised as an open letter to Rain. But by the time I finished it, it seemed contrived and not at all funny. Maybe if you all beg I will post it sometime.

Have you ever watered your garden at night? Well. I will tell you all about it. As you press your thumb over the outlet to get a nice wide spray, move it around a bit until the droplets catch just right in the floodlights of your backyard. It looks like silver sparklers shooting and dancing in the darkness. I stared and stared and watered more than was strictly necessary. It was mesmerizing. That or it's just been a long day.

In other news, if you happen to let Nathan help wash dishes, and if you happen to let him get hold of the dish brush, Caution: He Will Look Like This.
If you click on the picture and make it big, you will notice that his chin is covered in bubbles. I noticed him contentedly munch on the sudsy brush, remove the brush, pause, then reinsert soapy brush back into his mouth. I just hope he never takes up profanity, because he is already developing quite a taste for soap.

As for the mess on his upper lip, that is just snot. He's teething again. So give the kid a break. Or at least his mom. I don't have enough Kleenex or patience to wipe that thing Every Two Minutes.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Very funny and about the profanity, he is likely to have a propensity toward language. Just don't let him read Dickens :)

AND you can consider this a beg for the allegedly contrived, likely very hilarious letter to Rain.
Eric

Don said...

Hi Hillary,
I'm writing to do some networking. I was just laid off from TaxWorks on Friday. I thought your husband might know of some Tech Writer jobs at the base. Hope you're doing well.