As most of you know, I'm a nerd, and I really liked school. I miss it less than I used to, but one thing I will probably always miss is spring break. A week in the middle of the drab push through schoolwork, where you get to take a break, close your weary eyes, and do whatever you want.
But with kids, there is no spring break.
So I'm thinking back to a time when I did get spring break. In college, I had this ultra cool friend whose family had not one, but two beach houses. In Mexico. And for two years, we got to go to them.
Road trip with fifteen friends, five days in the sun, making giant sandcastles, eating delectable Mexican pastries, looking at the marine life in the tidal pools and having your genius friend Kevin explain what they all were, watching the sunrise on the beach with your future husband. All for less than a hundred dollars. What can beat that?
Oh, Mexico. I miss you this time of year.
This year I guess our spring break was: last night for dinner we had crep, egg, jam, straiys, and bingo. For those of you not fluent in Nathan, we had crepes with egg, strawberries, and mango. And fresh-squeezed lemonade. That's about as tropical as we'll be getting for a while.
3 comments:
Hillary- I miss the Mexico get- aways also! I am on spring break right now and what do you know? It is snowing more snow on top of the old snow. grrrrrrrrr
It's not too late!!! Our Spring Break starts tomorrow-and I checked the weather for Zions-and it's gonna be beautiful by Friday-and we could go and hang out in the sunshine and maybe hike and stuff... What do you think? We don't have to be back to school till Tuesday.....
(Silence)
Yeah, that's what Brian said too. Drat.
Let's leave those boring husbands home! And maybe the kids too. That way we could do some good hiking. Zions sounds heavenly.
Post a Comment