Monday, April 26, 2010

Church News

Yesterday we went to church. Normal, like always. But this week it had been highly anticipated. Nathan started asking, probably on Monday, "Church?"

No, no church today. Sorry. What a righteous kid.

We had stake conference last week, so he's really not so righteous as it sounds.

He also started asking for toys the second we sat down in sacrament meeting. And not the toys we had in the diaper bag. So when he was asking for church, he was really saying, "I haven't been to that fun place with the toys, that happens to be inside the church, for a long time. And I want to go to there."

Kids and toys. That is Nathan's blissful church-topia.

We also ruled out another family that we cannot sit by in sacrament. We had two 18-month twin boys crawling under the pews to play with Nathan, which he was actually happy to share. He loves kids. And kids love him. And he usually incites them to some extremely non-reverent behavior, like popping up and down playing peekaboo behind the bench and crawling under the bench, provoking more and more raucous laughter. And then the parents get mad, and I feel bad my kid got the other kids in trouble. And so I keep a mental list of families to not sit by in church.

We also took Clara to church for the first time yesterday. I think she liked it.

3 comments:

Barbie Mills said...

I wouldn't be surprised if we're on your list of who not to sit by, but I hope we aren't!

I would feel bad about that too.

It was fun to see Clara with you yesterday!

Robin said...

Hmm, I always wonder if I shouldn't have that list, but I always do. I even have one particular family that I will get up and move if they sit by us. Is that bad to do at church?

Amy said...

That's why you don't sit by us ;) I can't believe I missed Clara at her debut.