Finally remembering to post this for you all. I used kind of a combination of the two recipes, to make it vegan and avoid using any sugar. And they were still super delicious.
Sweet Potato Biscuits
2-3 med. sweet potatoes (1 1/2 pounds)
1/2 c unsalted butter
2 T brown sugar
2 T white sugar
1/2 t salt
1/4 t cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg
1/4 t ginger
1 1/2 c flour
1 1/2 t baking powder
Heat oven to 400. Wash sweet potatoes, poke with fork, and microwave until tender. Once cooked, mix with butter. Beat in sugars, salt, and spices. Let cool 15 min. Stir together flour and baking powder with fork. Add flour mixture to potato mixture, combine well with fork. Roll out on floured surface into 8x8 square 3/4 in. thick. Cut 16 2-in. square biscuits. Place on greased baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes, until golden on the bottom.
Vegan Sweet Potato Biscuits
1 c cooked sweet potato
1 c flour
1 T baking powder
1 t salt
4 T oil
1/4 c. toasted sunflower seeds.
Mash sweet potato (if using canned, make sure it is very well drained); add oil. Mix flour, baking powder, and salt together. Stir dry ingredients into sweet potato; add sunflower seeds. Roll out and cut into biscuits. Bake at 275 15-25 minutes.
I've made the first recipe a few times, whenever I have sweet potatoes on hand. It's good enough to be dessert. Seriously.
What I did a couple weeks ago was substitute the oil for the butter and honey for the sugar in the first recipe, because I knew it was super delicious with the spices. So, there you go. Happy experimenting.
No comments:
Post a Comment