Everything happened last year. Did you know? Nathan picked up this phrase somewhere and now any period of time in the past was last year. He likes to talk about "last year we went to Yellowstone" (last month) or "last year I threw up on the carpet" (last week) or "last year I stood on this stool and brushed my teeth (that morning).
I forgot to take a picture of Nathan's first day of preschool. I'm such a bad mom, I know. But he loves preschool. The first day I picked him up and asked if he had fun. Yes, he had fun. What did he do? Nothing. Did he play toys? Yes. Which ones? Preschool toys. I also was asked by his teacher if he didn't like to run around and play outside. What? Are you kidding me? So he's having a little adjustment period and I think he'll settle in. He's starting to learn the kids' names and today volunteered that he got to paint and color. Every day he asks if it's a preschool day and was very excited this morning that it was.
The only other Nathan news I can think of is last week he kept his pull-up dry at night for four days in a row. Since then it's been a pretty even split. It was very exciting. So we're making progress, and I think before he goes to kindergarten he'll actually consent to going to the bathroom by himself.
1 comment:
Dear Daughter-in-law,
Please don't be so hard on yourself!
You are NOT a bad mom. Take a picture another day, what difference does a few days or even weeks make?
Nathan won't even be concerned that it wasn't the first day in thirty years! Ask your husband if he still even remembers being 3 and worrying about his picture being taken? Maybe he does, but I totally doubt it.
Post a Comment