Alice's birthday, well, I guess the day before, was kind of hectic. We had stake conference, which as anyone knows, is no fun with three restless childrens. We were getting ready to leave the next day for our spring break trip. And we decided to invite grandparents for dinner, and great-grandparents for birthday cake. Happy birthday!
So it was during my birthday dinner and cake-making preparations that I lost the eggs. Where on earth can a carton of eggs get to? This was a mystery for Nancy Drew. At least, after Nancy Drew finally finished growing up, married that Ned Nickerson, and had three kids in quick succession, which broke her brain in some fundamental way. I looked in the fridge at least six times. Maybe behind the milk? Nope. Thanks to allrecipes I found a cake recipe that called for no eggs, and the meatballs also had to go eggless. They held together all right anyway.
The dinner was delicious. Presents were fun.
And the cake...
delicious.
Clara liked Alice's new capris, and on they went. Is that kind of sad my three year and one year old can apparently share clothes? She also put on Alice's Easter dress a couple weeks ago. I'll have to find those pictures.
Happy birthday, sweet Alice.
Oh, and the eggs? When we got home from our trip, Levi found them--in the freezer.
1 comment:
Great job Nancy Drew Nickerson! I'm glad the case of the missing eggs was solved. I am going on a month of missing car keys. Maybe I should check the freezer....
We need to hang out. Maybe two frazzled brains together equals one whole one?
Post a Comment