Here's a story for each of the little ones:
Alice: We bought a bunch of candy canes to give to friends, and Alice knows where they are kept. Yesterday she kept pointing at them and grunting convincingly. Then she raised her hand and said, "Me!" (Going to nursery has at least expanded her vocabulary by one word).
Clara: Today, picking up Nathan from school, we parked in front of a house that has stairs and a wheelchair ramp to the front door. She asked why, so I explained that the ramp was for people who couldn't use the stairs. She said, "Like babies!" I told her maybe it was for people in wheelchairs. Then she went on, "The babies could crawl up it and then the grownups could pick them up and take them in the door!" Yes, I'm sure that's exactly what it's used for.
Nathan: This morning he found an envelope, wrote a note, sealed it, and wanted to deliver it to the mail lady. After I made up some difficulties why we couldn't do that (like, maybe, we don't know her name or address?) he said I could just have it instead. So I opened it and it said: "Mom mom mom mom." It's maybe a good thing it didn't make it to its intended recipient.
No comments:
Post a Comment