Monday, February 2, 2015

Christmas 2014

 Christmas Eve was a very exciting, very long, day. The kids knew they'd be getting to open one present at bedtime and the wait was agonizing. Levi was feeling pretty sick the week of Christmas so we kept things really low key.
 Finally, presents! I don't usually do Christmas jammies because they never need new pajamas at Christmas, and I don't want to buy something themed that will drive me crazy the rest of the year. But, I got four pairs of matching pajamas, for $6 each. This will be the only year that will be possible, since Nathan wears the biggest size that was available. But, they'll still fit next year. At least, the pants will. Why is it that every pair of pajamas ever has such small shirts and such big pants? On each kid, the shirt barely fits while the pants were about six inches too long. The pants are fleece and super warm and cozy. (Side note: Alice saying she's getting cozy in her bed is the most adorable thing ever.)
I don't know why this picture is so blurry. Let's pretend it was on purpose? I'm not loving the way my camera takes indoor pictures.
 I never got around to making Peter's stocking. Nathan was a little worried about it; he didn't want Peter to be left out when Santa came. So he took a paper stocking he'd gotten at school, turned it over, and decorated and hung it for his brother.
A view of the carnage: This year was the year of the Lego. Just in time for Peter to start crawling two weeks later. We're learning to be more responsible with Lego play so maybe, just maybe, Peter will make it through babyhood alive.

Other Christmas highlights:
Michael and Erin and Ethan came for Christmas! We had a lot of fun spending time with them. We went together to Christmas Village after Christmas. We didn't make it before Christmas when the weather was really mild, and the night we went was frigid and windy. Alice cried almost the whole time. Another night all the brothers went to a Jazz game, and the rest of us gathered for a pizza and game night. And we all spent New Year's Eve together. It was a fun couple of weeks.

No comments: