It's been a month since I posted? It's been a month. And how.
We moved! Four weeks tomorrow. The upstairs has been I think cleared of boxes. That was a pretty big goal for me to have done before my book club came over 2 weeks ago, and it happened. Never mind the garage and the basement. They're supposed to look like that. I'm trying to get organized and not just shove things in weird places, so I'm taking my time deciding where things should go.
The kids spent the first week thinking, Today will we make new friends? It was a little heartbreaking to watch. But they are all good little playmates so they weren't too bored or sad as the first week stretched into two and no new friends had appeared. Our street is inordinately quiet. We invited friends from the old neighborhood to play so they wouldn't be too lonesome. By the third week we'd met some people, and a family on the next street up came by to invite them to play. The kids were over the moon! Nathan practically catapulted out of the house. Alice and Clara were very trepidatious, but did not want to miss the opportunity. For a minute Clara tried to carry Alice, but they're nearly the same size, so that wasn't sustainable. They walked off down the street behind their new friend, holding hands, encouraging each other. So, new friends are happening, finally. This week we also had some neighbors come by and told us about the ward playgroup that happens every Thursday. So, next Thursday we'll be able to go and make more new friends. So I'm finally feeling like this move won't be terrible for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment