Here's the story. Once upon a time Levi went home for summers and worked for the concessionaire at Bullfrog. His uniform was cream polo shirts with a Lake Powell logo, and denim shorts also embroidered with the logo (you may have seen him still wear these). So you may be thinking "Lake Powell logo, polo shirt, what's the problem?" The problem is that Levi could fit into one shirt approximately one and three-eighths times. It's not a small shirt. After we got married I tactfully suggested maybe he should start wearing clothes that fit him. And he took the suggestion very well, but he still hangs on to those (now reserved for dirty work projects) shirts.
It's become one of those continuous married-couple jokes. So much so that it's come up at dinners with other people. So much so that his first thought when I tell him I've ruined one of his shirts is the much-beloved, much-maligned Lake Powell shirts.
So I'm mourning my missed opportunity. Because the shirt I ruined was the Hillary Fan Club t-shirt (here's a shoutout to all those who still have their Hillary Fan Club shirts). It's not terribly ruined, just a couple small stains, and it's not like he really wore the shirt in public anyway. But still.
On to other news: I ruined the shirt while... staining some tables. I love finishing (or refinishing) furniture. It's very fun. The next time you come to my house, compliment me on the table in my living room. I got it for free from a yard sale, and I rehabilitated it from its dilapidated, water-stained state. And now it looks awesome. They don't make tables like that anymore. At least not that you can get for free.
The latest craze: face-grabbing. All the babies are doing it. So be prepared--if your face gets within range, small fingers are going to probe all available nooks, crannies, and teeth. Nathan even tried to suck on Levi's nose today. Grossness. i guess Nathan has to learn about allergies sometime, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment