Monday, July 6, 2009

Love America? Me too.

Did you all enjoy your Fourth of July? We did.

I was pondering what a great country we live in. Where you have the freedom to:
  • buy small-grade explosives and set them off in front of your house
  • drive a large SUV like you were the only car on the road, cutting someone off as you change lanes to pull into a fast-food joint
  • be a grown woman and name a dog Tinkerbell
While I would look askance at taking advantage of some of these freedoms, I can't take them away from you. God Bless America.

But seriously, I do love our country.

And I'll post pictures of our hike to Malan's Basin later. I'm just too lazy to do it now.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I must say that I am also very grateful for the wonderful opportunites we have in this country. I'm aiming high for the SUV.

Shelly and Kellan said...

I am that SUV...I need my fast food and I need it now!