Wednesday, September 30, 2009

And the results are in...

Well, Brady totally won. By all indications, we are having a human baby. Whew. As for prizes, you mainly get the satisfaction of having made a good guess.

"So you want a girl?" This seems to be the question written on my face, because everyone keeps asking me that. They assume that since I have a boy, I must be pining for a girl. The perverseness in me wants to tell everyone I want a boy, just to be contrary to expectations. Because I'm like that. In reality, I don't care what I have. As long as it's healthy (and human), I'll be happy.

Now, with my little rant over, I can tell you that I was right. And so were many other people--Sofia will be having a girl cousin. They're probably both in heaven being friends right now.

The receptionist at the ultrasound desk gave Nathan a sucker (his first). We let him play with it, since we figured he wouldn't know what to do with it. We give our son too little credit. First he chewed on it still in the wrapper, then somehow pulled its plastic covering off. So by the time I got home, I had a sticky green son chewing on a pulpy sucker stick.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations!!! I'll start on accesorizing her wardrobe immediately!

The Barton family said...

I am so excited!!!! I don't know if Steven knows yet but I will make sure he does!!!! I can't wait!

Barbie Mills said...

Congrats! Girls are fun.

Kyle always guesses "human" too.