Friday, October 22, 2010

Octember

 This is a happy baby. She likes to pick up her bottles and chew on them. She hasn't yet figured out that you  need to tip it up to get the milky goodness. Did I ever tell you how she didn't like baby food at first? It was some work to get her to think it was okay. She was like, "Thanks for this weird mush that tastes weird, but I'm really more of a powdered milk kind of gal." Then for a while she loved baby food. But I think she's realized she's the only one in the house who eats it, and she feels she's getting a bum deal. So she'd really rather have big people food. Too bad she only just got her fourth tooth. You've got a long way to go, baby.
 October 10, 2010: The day Nathan first fell asleep at dinner. This was two Sundays ago, the day after Emily's baptism, the day he did not get a nap since we were gone all day. And you know what a toddler automatically does the day after he does not get a nap? That's right. He gets up early. We have 1:00 church, so we tried our darndest to get a morning nap in there somewhere. Nope. Instead we had locked doors and crying all morning. He was pretty good at church, but then fell asleep at 5:45 at dinner. He then slept thirteen glorious hours and...refused to take a nap the next day. I finally won by pulling Clara's crib over in front of the door so he was truly stuck. I wouldn't have bothered but I knew we'd have another late night, having an empanada night with cousins since my brother-in-law and his family were in town. We fought all last week about naps, but this week has been better. Although I still do have to lock the door to get him to stay in his room. He's only occasionally lucky enough to rattle the lock open. I don't know how he does it.


Pictures from the hike we took Monday. I don't know why, but I forget that it's not impossible to go hiking with two kids. We don't go very often, but we all love it. Fall is at its prime up the canyon. We'll have to try to get more hiking in before it snows.

No comments: