"Everybody needs his memories. They keep the wolf of insignificance from the door." -Saul Bellow
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Our Cookie House
I woke up yesterday with a strange desire to make a gingerbread house. I've not made a gingerbread house, a real one, since I was little. For a while my family would get together and make houses out of graham crackers, but it was before I had kids, and I didn't get into it.
Nathan really enjoyed it. This morning he told me, "Look. I put candy on the cookie house."
Clara was bummed she didn't get to help.
I was happy that I cheated and put my house together with toothpicks. And, since the royal icing was a sticky mess, that I had pre-emptively cheated and bought a can of frosting with different decorative tips. It's still kind of a Charlie Brown gingerbread house, but it could have been much worse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment