I don't like January. By the middle of January, the post-holiday glow is gone, you're a little fatter after the holidays, and you've got a straight stretch of hazy cold days until about April.
But I'm coping. I've got projects. I've been de-junking the house. I ate cake and laughed over silly things with my book club, and stayed up way too late.
So, I'll pass on my coping mechanisms and share with you a story. This made me laugh this morning when my sister mentioned Tums, so I hope you enjoy.
This was months ago, last spring or maybe early summer. I'd been upstairs doing something, and the house was too quiet. "Nathan, what are you doing?" I walked down the stairs.
He had pulled a chair over to the counter and had climbed up enough to be able to pull things out of the cupboard. Before I could see what he had he yelled "Pink! SO YUMMY!!!" He thrust out his arms and they shook a little with the intensity of his jubilation. His entire being was in ecstasy.
He was eating Tums.
The Tums and the chewing gum have since been moved. In fact, all delicious things have been removed from the bottom shelf. He's not so tempted by packets of taco seasoning and boxes of jello.
How I wish I had video. It makes me laugh every time I think about it.
2 comments:
Tums! Well it could have been worse.
Grandma eats lots of Mylanta and Maalox and they aren't too bad either.
Awesome!! Book club was very fun and I needed it for the the mid Janaury slump as well.
When I was a kid we used to eat powder Jello ;)
Post a Comment