Monday, January 31, 2011

Finally the 31st!

 How's life here? I think this picture sums up January pretty well: just snuggle in and wait for it to end. Have I mentioned I don't like January? I keep thinking it's over, just to be reminded that no, January will last forever. Or till tomorrow, at least.

This is actually our little baby being surprisingly chill at bedtime. She does not like bedtime. But this night I don't even think she cried when we put her in bed. The last couple of months it seems like she's been sick, or teething, or both, all the time. But the last couple of weeks have been a little better. We're even making progress on weaning, which I didn't think we'd ever accomplish. We're down to just one before bed. And this weekend she learned to crawl up the stairs. So no more wailing at the bottom of the stairs when mom leaves her down there. Now it will just be wailing at the top of the stairs because she can't get down.

And this is the state of Nathan's blanket when I finally threw it away. My grandma knitted this for him, and it was his favorite (can you tell?). He loved all the holes and strings; it made it easier to carry around. Just poke your head through a hole and it's a hands-free blankie. It also figured in many games. A couple of times I tried to tie off all the strings and trim it up to make it last a little longer, but it was a lost cause. I threw it away once while he was sleeping. He saw this picture though, and asked where it was.

No comments: