A couple weeks ago Clara finally graduated. No more infant seat for her. Can you tell she's a little glad? The last month or so she frequently has complained at being strapped in her car seat. But no more. Now she's glad to go in the car. At 22 months, she's finally able to see what everyone else sees in the car.
[side note: My family has big babies. So I thought I would have big babies and I bought the infant seat that's good to 30 lbs. Clara finally grew out of it, not because she's 30 lbs. (she'd be doing good to clear 22 after a big meal) but because she's hit the height limit. And she always seemed to teeny to be forward facing.]
She knows the color brown and I think the color pink. The other day she told me I was wearing a brown shirt (I was) and this morning as I pulled two cups out of the cupboard (pink and green) she declared she wanted the pink one (does pink really have to be her favorite color? It's so...predictable). Also, how does she know colors already? It seems a little early. I'm not trying to make her into a baby genius, I promise.
So she's growing up. And is throwing the tantrums to prove it. The terrible twos have begun and she says no to everything. But she also says the most hilarious things to make us like her still.
* We've been painting the laundry room pursuant to actually being able to use it again, and I had kicked her out so the paint could dry without her making a mess. I put the collapsible step ladder across the doorway to keep her out, so she stood at the doorway looking in. She saw her doll on the floor in there, and said, "Go to jail, baby!" We have been playing jail a lot lately, thanks to brother.
* Sometimes she will squint up her eyes and say, "Where's my glasses?", making Levi realize how much he squints when he's not wearing his glasses. He feels like she's making fun of him, while I think it's pretty perceptive of her: if you don't have your glasses on, you have to squint.
* Last night at dinner she looked at dad, pointed at his chest, and said, "Move, sister!" Which, if not effective, certainly got his attention.
Hope you're not too bored with the stories, but I have to write them down or I'll forget them all. Pregnant brain does that.
No comments:
Post a Comment