Friday, Veteran's Day, was lovely. I wish we could say we did something patriotic, but we looked at birds. Free weekday admission to Tracy Aviary cannot be squandered. I had good intentions concerning the parade in Ogden on Saturday, but it was snowing. Also I have a laundry room I'd like to be able to use again before this baby comes.
We got to be there at feeding time for the ducks. We had just finished doling out the paltry handful a quarter will buy, when an aviary employee came up with a bucket of feed and hurled the bounty into the water.
The ducks swam away as they were pelted with food, then quickly turned around and started devouring.
Our own two little birds came along, one happily gliding her wings, the other energetically flapping his.
As usual the peacocks were roosting around and on top of the building with the restrooms, where Nathan remembered there had been a nest with baby birds in a nest made of mud when we came on my birthday.
It was sunny, and for November 11, warm. One of the last good days to get out and do something.
Like get eaten by a pelican.
No comments:
Post a Comment