I've started doing something new with Clara at bedtime: I ask her what she did that day that was fun. We've been doing this off and on for the last couple of weeks. And for the last couple of weeks, whether or not I remember to ask, she tells me a variation of this story:
I went to the fry store.
There were kids there.
Nathan played.
I played.
Dad watched me.
Mommy watched me.
I ate chicken.
A couple of weeks ago we let them play at Carl's Jr.'s playground. It was a big hit, apparently. I guess she wishes she could do it every day.
The other night I decided to sing some songs at bedtime, and apparently she's a big fan of songs. I feel a little bad I didn't know. The sunbeam song is always popular, but I think her favorite is Happy Family. She asked for that one by name and got a big grin as I sang it. Yesterday we were sitting on the couch and as she played she sang it:
I love Daddy, yesiree.
I love Mommy, yesiree.
I love brother, yesiree.
I love baby, yesiree.
Her cadence was pretty monotone, increasing in pitch and volume at the yesiREE. She was having a great time.
Nathan also enjoys singing, but only if he's in the mood. He likes to make up his own songs as he plays. He loves singing time in Primary but never sings. But he'll request that one of us sing Book of Mormon stories and he'll do the actions.
1 comment:
Grandma loves music, too! That's a great song.
Post a Comment