And so we celebrated it. Oh yes we did. I'm pretty sure Levi would have been happy to celebrate his birthday by watching TV all day. But I wasn't. So we rusted some childrens into the van and headed to an island paradise.
This is the sheep barn at the Garr Fielding Ranch on Antelope Island. None of us had ever been before, and it was pretty exciting. We ended up spending nearly the entire afternoon at the ranch. It was surprisingly fascinating.
While driving home, we noticed thousands of birds floating in the water, as far out as you could see. I'm pretty sure they were ducks. On the other side of the causeway, nothing. No birds. A few lonely seagulls closer to shore. Talk about segregation.
After, we decided to head for an early dinner. Because keeping kids awake all afternoon and then taking them to a restaurant and expecting them to act like adults is our idea of a good time. How about you? This year birthday cake was technically pie--Boston cream pie, with homemade creamy custard filling and chocolate ganache. mmm. I like to experiment with different kinds of cake.
Think she wanted some cake? She gave me a pretty good gift that night when, after having slept in the sling all afternoon, she slept an entire 12 hours. I'm pretty sure6 week olds aren't supposed to do that, but I was grateful anyways.
No comments:
Post a Comment