"Everybody needs his memories. They keep the wolf of insignificance from the door." -Saul Bellow
Monday, May 14, 2012
Two girls on swings
I was going to call this Alice's Very Own Post, but then I found these pictures that obviously belonged together. But since all three kids are napping at once (a blue moon sort of thing since Nathan's all but given up napping), I'll take the time to tell you about Alice at seven weeks.
She's sleeping pretty well at night, anywhere from five to seven hours, so I usually only have to get up with her once. This, comparatively, is heaven. She's the best sleeper I've ever had. The most reliable way to get her into a good, lasting sleep is to let her cry in bed for a few minutes. So it can get a little harrowing when we're not home and she just wants to be left alone to go to sleep. That's the only time she'll take a binky.
She loves to watch her brother and sister. And they love for her to watch them. They'll ask all the time, "I want to see Alice's eyes." And they love to give her kisses. I had to explain she can't eat real food yet, after I found a bit of oat in her mouth (Clara had been sharing her granola).
She is a mover. She is always practicing lifting up her head so she can get a good look at things. And when she has tummy time she'll quite often roll over. She's done it six times in the last couple weeks. So, while I think she's a bit young to say she can roll over on purpose, she's getting really good at doing it on accident. She'll get her head over to one side and it kind of drags the rest of her along with it. I saw it once, but she usually prefers to wait until she doesn't have an audience.
And she's pretty delicious. That's what babies do--be delicious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment