Nathan, missing preschool, has spurred me to action. So one day I herded up the children, went to the dollar store, and stocked up on art supplies.
Hence, Craft Tuesdays is something I try to honor every week. And the kids have been loving it. Clara will ask, "Mom, I want to do art supplies."
These pictures show painting with finger paints in shaving cream. It was a big hit, and they stayed surprisingly clean. And when they dried they looked pretty cool, so I didn't throw them right away. When Levi walked in from work, hours later, he knew right away we'd been into his shaving cream. That nice menthol smell still lingered.
Fingerpaints and watercolors are both a big hit. And one day, using markers and stickers, we made city maps. Nathan named his several different names and he used it later in the day for a game, something to do with chasing bad guys and arresting him, I think. One of his city names was Police. Another was Roy. I don't remember the third, it was something he made up.
We didn't make it to craft Tuesday yesterday, but sometime we'll get around to the project I had, making binoculars from toilet paper rolls. It's going to be great.
No comments:
Post a Comment