But one day, playing outside (yeah, I don't think Clara is wearing any pants), I put Alice in the umbrella stroller so she could see what's going on. Summer is too hot to hold a baby all the time.
She loved the stroller. And so did Clara. She started pushing it around. I managed to keep her in the driveway at first, but soon she wanted to follow Nathan as he rode his bike up the sidewalk.
I went along. Clara let me come as long as I didn't push. I was only allowed to help if she pushed it crooked and got stuck on the grass. This happened a lot. So Clara pushed forward and I managed to get her to let me steer. Once we got this system down, she decided we were on a trek: "Let's go to America!" So we headed down the street to find America. When it was time to turn around and come back, she decided she wanted to go to Utah. I had a hard time convincing her that our house was really Utah. She was pretty sure it was farther up closer to the corner.
Maybe I need to teach my kids more about geography? With all this talk of Canada, America, Mexico, and Australia, not to mention Roy, Utah, and Idaho, things have gone a little skewampus in her mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment