Happy May 1st. We made it to May! I celebrated by eating a ridiculous number of cheese balls. Why oh why did I let Nathan pick those out at the store last week?
Alice is walking. The week she turned one she decided it should be all walking, all the time. Sometimes she gets going a little too fast so keels over. Hold on, baby kid. There's plenty of time for running once you learn balance. She also has developed the charming habit of throwing food off her tray. One night she decided she would eat only carrots. Barbecue pork, potatoes, even a bit of salad, on the floor. Sippy cup, on the floor. Only (cooked) carrots would she deign to put in her mouth. Then she'd screech when she was ready for a drink, which was--wait for it--on the floor. I'm also letting her learn to use a spoon with her yogurt for breakfast, which is a fantastic gooey mess. A great way to start the day off right. And I'm calling her first words as Mom and Hi. Pretty good words. Sometimes she'll throw in a Da but she's pretty stingy with words in general. Grunting is so much more effective.
Clara, despite of a bout of sickness in the last week, is swimming along quite well. She oscillates from uber polite: "May I go inside? Oh, thank you, Mother." to fiendish: "I hate you! I hate this day! This is not a day! This is night!" Being three is so hard.
Nathan, finishing up his last few weeks of preschool, is so excited for kindergarten, and swimming lessons, and t-ball. We started swimming lessons on Monday and he was in heaven. So much heaven was he in, that he had a hard time listening to the instructor. Hopefully he'll follow directions better today. T-ball starts in June and he's so excited. Yesterday at the park he watched some big kids playing baseball and told me, "Maybe baseball will be like t-ball!" Yep, something like that.
I've been working up some house projects lately. Spring cleaning and such, and also making my house less ugly. I've been swinging between being unable to keep up with my regular housework because it's too hard/boring and working frenetically because I have a few thousand things to get done Right This Second.
We're getting excited for summer. Hikes, swimming in the Great Salt Lake, and maybe... Disneyland? I'm trying to gear up my motivation for that one. It would be terrific.
1 comment:
My three year old has some crazy mood swings as well. Wow the teenage years will be hard I imagine ;) I need some of your spring cleaning motivation. Could you send some my way please?
Post a Comment