Levi's been at scout camp this week. It's been a pretty good week. A barbecue and playing at the river on Wednesday, swimming with my sister's family at the aquatic center on Thursday. We haven't even eaten out. I even took dinner to a family in the ward yesterday. I was rocking this week.
To celebrate a successful week of daddy-less-ness, I planned to take the kids to a Cinderella play tonight in Clearfield. I thought they'd love it. I even made some brownies, some to take to a neighbor and the rest to eat once we'd gotten home. A blissful family outing completed.
"All right, kids. Let's eat dinner and then we'll go to the play."
Clara: "This is not my favorite dinner."
Nathan: "I hate this! I want a brownie!"
Alice: contentedly ate her dinner and then asked for more
Clara: ate a quarter of her dinner and then wandered downstairs to fall asleep in her bed (at five o'clock)
Nathan: "I won't eat this! I hate this! You feed me! I want some ranch on it!"
Things hit a low when I "fed" Nathan by bringing the entire plate of food up to his mouth. Rice spilled over the kitchen. Mother of the year, right here. I went upstairs to put laundry away.
Forty minutes later, Nathan: "I want to go to the play!" Repeated wailings, etc. before falling asleep on the living room floor.
I think Alice and I will enjoy some brownies together, in the quiet.
No comments:
Post a Comment