Thursday, August 8, 2013

Hey, August

So, do you like how i posted a billion times during June, and then... kaput. I'm not dead. Alice has taken up playing peekaboo. And saying please! in sign language. Today at lunch she pointed at the drink she'd thrown on the floor. I told her to say please, then she clapped, folded her arms, and then remembered the sign for please. Success! We've been working on this one for a while.  Nathan and Clara have taken to playing Scouts. Which means they assemble a lot of toys in the living room and pretend they're camping. I love my kids, and their creativity, but everything involves a lot of mess.

I got to go to education week at BYU-Idaho last week, which was wonderful. I went with my mom, sister, aunt, two cousins, grandma, and great aunt. I was exhausted when I left, and more exhausted when I came back. We stayed up late to play games, and then not even on purpose waking up early, which meant I went to 7 am Zumba. I'm really bad at Zumba (no coordination and/or rhythm) but it's fun and a great workout and it was free. Also there was an awesome trip to the Rexburg DI, wherein I realized I have an addiction this summer to buying green shirts from thrift stores  (I'm up to 4 since June). When I came home (after only three days) it was really hard to adjust to cooking again. Cooking is the worst. I really like cooking, but lately it's too hard to think of things to make. I've even started making a monthly menu which hangs on my fridge. Then I look at the menu and think, "I don't want to eat that today," or "that sounds good, but I don't have the things for it." So I'll make something else on the menu or just come up with a new idea (thanks to Pinterest for last night's cornbread waffles and chili).

Also, August, what's the point? Why are you so hot? I'm kind of ready for fall. Fall should be six months long.

No comments: