We started on the trail to Adam's Canyon, but there's a turnoff after about 20 minutes to this waterfall. It's a perfect kids' hike. Clara didn't even ask to be carried once. And Alice complained about having to be in the backpack.
After a few minutes, Clara was brave enough to cross the water by herself.
And Alice protested dad's efforts to help her climb down the rocks and the cold rushing water. She was so proud of herself and I was pretty impressed.
Nathan found a water bottle (what's not to love about garbage?) which he used to trap a silver spider (see below).
Look closely, on the bottom corner of the rock. It really was silver. A few minutes after he released it on this rock in the middle of the stream, I convinced him he should maybe let it go on some dry land.
After we finished the hike, our companions took us to a really cool playground in Fruit Heights. It's a castle. It was awesome. After we'd played for close to an hour, and it was hot and we were beyond ready for lunch, Nathan tried to negotiate for more time: "Can I just play for six more hours?" No. "How about three?" But after the bee stung him on the ankle he consented that it was time to go. On the way home he lamented: "Why did Jesus make bees and hornets? I hate them!" I've often wondered that about mosquitoes.
Then home, lunch, and naps! for me and then Levi. It was possibly my favorite part of the day. After we put the kids to bed we got some chinese takeout and watched a movie. It was a low key sort of anniversary but it was good. We've made it to eight years--so I guess our marriage has reached the age of accountability. How would one go about baptizing a relationship?
No comments:
Post a Comment