Last night, sitting in her bed at bedtime, holding a pencil and paper.
I'm doing my potty homework.
Oh? How is it going?
I have to do the numbers again. They got messed up.
***
Sitting in her carseat, recently.
Once Nathan sat there (gesturing to Peter's carseat), and it was awkward.
***
Tonight at bedtime, freshly bathed and with pajamas on. She (unless it was Peter?) dumped the bottle of hand soap all over the bathroom floor, and they both crawled in it. Alice kept trying and trying to stand up but couldn't. Just slipping all over the bathroom floor and eventually crying. After being cleaned up, we had this conversation.
Did you or Peter do it?
I did it.
Why?
Because it was slippery.
Do you do it on purpose or on accident?
I did it on purpose. Because it was slippery.
Tonight was a moment I chose to laugh. And video my child's distress.
1 comment:
Alice at grandma house on Friday, "Grandma what are you doing?"
Grandma, "I'm going potty. Do you want to go potty, Alice?"
Alice, "No, I don't do that."
Grandma, "I can help you."
Alice, "No!"
Later when her parents got back grandma was telling them about our little conversation, and Alice said, "Grandma, don't talk about it."
Post a Comment