Friday, September 26, 2008

I've tipped over, but I don't mind


















I guess I better start with a disclaimer: I take no responsibility for the content of this blog inciting small children to undertake dangerous activities, such as, but not limited to, driving the car. Parents need to fully discuss with their toddlers the consequences of such activities and maintain an environment where harmless blogs do not give children such ideas.

That was for Jon. Apparently a picture a couple of posts ago gave his two-year-old daughter a very good idea. She started plotting with her five-year-old sister to get the car keys so that she could drive. So, all you parents of small children with big ideas, take my disclaimer to heart.

***

We have a USB drive for copying pictures onto our computer, and it's wonderful. Not only does it make transferring pictures to the computer so convenient, it's also shaped perfectly for playing with it. It's got a little lid thing that I love to play with. Pop it off, snap it back on. Pop off, snap on. You get the picture. Unfortunately, I love to play with it so much that when I'm done at the computer, I carry the very-convenient card reader with me throughout the house, popping off and snapping on. And then I forget where I put it.

So this post very nearly had no pictures. That would be a horrible thing, having to be entertained solely by my writing and not being able to see any pictures of a very cute baby. Oh, dear, indeed. But luckily, I found another card reader on the floor under the computer desk that isn't nearly as much fun to play with. So it's at least close to where it should be. And now you all have an idea of how organized we are, that we keep important computer/camera implements under the computer desk.

***

Last night we decided to start Nathan on food. He's been very intent on watching other people eat food, that we decided he's ready. So, here we go.
He had such a good time. He got really excited and kept trying to grab the bowl. And he loved chewing on the spoon. The only thing he doesn't love about eating, apparently, is swallowing.

Pretty much everything that went in his mouth dripped right back out. But we had a good time. And then we had a bath.




***

One morning Nathan got up about 6:00. He ate, then I put him on his tummy to play. But he was still sleepy, so he just put his head down on his arm and started to fall asleep right in the middle of looking at a picture of a baby (this is usually a very exciting activity). He woke back up when I got out the camera, though. So we took a few pictures and then we both went back to bed. It was great.

1 comment:

Lori said...

What a cute boy!!