Christmas was fun. Nathan didn't really get opening presents. So we helped--a lot. We'd rip the paper so he could see what was underneath. Sometimes he'd get interested and pull at the paper. Then he'd either get interested in the paper, or uninterested in the entire process, so we'd have to unwrap it a little bit more. So, better luck in four months. Actually, closer to three...time is going fast.
It was also good to see family. We miss the ones that couldn't come (and hope the presents got there in time!). Christmas evening, after all the presents had been opened and leftover pie eaten, nieces Hannah and Emily put their Christmas presents to good use. Namely, the REAL play makeup they had earlier unwrapped. Yes, that's right. I was very glittery and beautiful when they finished. Luckily, they stuck to putting glitter in my hair and pink, red, and purple lipstick on me, so my entire face was not purple (as three-year-old Hannah's had been earlier in the day).
The day after Christmas we went to Christmas Village in Ogden. I've never been during the day before, but it turned out better because it was (slightly) warmer than it would have been after dark.The kids had a lot of fun, the adults didn't complain (a lot) about the cold, and Nathan was remarkably happy. I think he's just happy to get out of the house with just two boring adults. Never mind that it's below freezing, just give me something else to look at!
I've gone to Christmas Village almost every year I've been alive. Some of the displays change, but there are other mini-building replicas that appear year after year, reminding me of the years when the animated Santas and elves seemed magical and almost-real.
And here's a few shots of the the other family's progressive breakfast, done the Saturday before Christmas.
Today I gave Nathan a bow to play with. Then I looked away, so I'm not sure how in ten seconds it got stuck to his bum. Impressed?
No comments:
Post a Comment