I've given myself until the dryer buzzes for computer, so I'd better hurry. Those clothes are drying fast. Here's what we've been up to. Cleaning out the dead flowers from last year. You know, just in time for it to snow the next two mornings. My daffodils are about the bloom and the tulips are coming up. I thought snapdragons were annuals, but it seems like they have lived through the winter. I'm going to try growing columbines this year.
Clara does this every Sunday. We read the paper, leaving it in a nice pile for the next person. If she is the next person, though, the paper is scattered all over the living room. She seriously peruses each paper, some more than once. Here she is solemnly contemplating an ad for Steven's Henager College. It's never to early to plan for your education. She spent over half an hour doing this yesterday.
And a little setup for the next picture: Last week I was laying on my bed when Nathan climbed up and said, "Want to look great, mom?" He then tried to apply the still screwed down lipstick he had onto my face. So I put some on, and then he wanted some. I regret to say I let him put some on, not because of the inherent wrongness of a boy wearing makeup, but because of this:
Today when I got home I didn't hang my purse on its hook. If I hang it up, it's safe. If it's anywhere else, its contents are scattered. Nathan likes to play that all the cards in my wallet are train tickets. And he had a lovely time with my lip gloss. He tried to shove it back down with his hand when he was done. Luckily though, the damage was minimal. I took him up and cleaned lip gloss off his teeth and lower lip. He had a great time, though, admiring his "mustache" in the mirror. Mustaches are manly, even if they're made by lip gloss. Right?
1 comment:
We do enjoy this blog, Hillary, thank you! What cute kids!!
We aren't prejudice at all.
Post a Comment