Saturday, August 18, 2012

A tale of two reunions

Just checking in to let you know, as of today, I'm still alive. Further than that, I can't make any promises.

No pictures, because I always forget the camera. A couple of weeks ago I gathered up all my bravery and went to my high school reunion. It turned out to be a lot of fun. Seeing old friends and such. I'm not quite the same person I was in high school (right?) but it was nice to see people who knew me back when, when I didn't think matching clothes were important (if you think me fashion-backward now, you should have seen me then). And they liked me anyway. My friend and I also agreed that a girl we used to sing in choir with totally had a nose job. So, good times.

Last week we went to Clara's NICU reunion, where I had the privilege of being remembered by a nurse that I had no recollection of. Pretty exciting, because it's usually the other way around. It was at the North Ogden aquatic center, so the older kids had a good time trying to drown themselves, and Alice fell asleep in Levi's arms while he tried to keep the older kids from drowning themselves. Both the kids even loved the water slide. And who doesn't love free dinner and creamies? Oh, and it was also nice to see some nurses who ushered us through some of the most stressful and longest weeks of our lives. So, thanks for being a preemie, Clara! We had a great time.

No comments: