Friday, August 24, 2012

Are you going to just sit there and take it?

 Why, yes she is. She is just going to sit there. I was surprised how well she sat.
 Although it wasn't so much sitting as folding in half and managing to stay upright, more or less.
And Alice, who will be five months tomorrow, is learning lots of things. She loves to get a nice handful of sister's hair. Or those green pants in the picture were pretty fascinating. Also, toys. She's getting pretty good at reaching out and holding on to toys. She tried it with dad's dinner once but didn't get too far.
Oh, and her thumb. She's discovered that thumb is really comforting. I'm hoping she doesn't always fall asleep like this, but I'm afraid thumb-sucking will be our future for some time. I was getting ready to go out to lunch, and kind of forgot I had a baby who was downstairs playing with some toys. But no problem, mom. I'll just go to sleep when I get tired. I've got this thumb.

And her final favorite thing is...her tongue. She loves to show it to everybody. It's very impudent. But what are you going to do? She's a baby.


No comments: