Thursday, August 2, 2012

Olympics, baby style

 A while ago, we gave Alice this book.
If things are close enough to her hands, she grabs on to them.
And then they go right into her mouth. She's quite a chewer. And so this begins her career playing with toys, not just looking at them. It's pretty exciting for all of us. She also thinks her adorable owl is delicious, by the way.

In honor of the Olympics, Alice has been playing her own version. It's called wiggle gymnastics, or "what weird position can I get into in my own bed?" Yesterday morning, I found her opposite of how I'd laid her down, with her feet where her head should be. After afternoon naps, I found her on her stomach, sideways, with her legs sticking out the side of her crib. In the middle of the night, she was laying on her side with both legs and one hand stuck in the bars. This morning, the same; I rolled her onto her back to pick her up, but she rolled right back over and got stuck again. This afternoon she'd scooted herself up till her head was pressing against the headboard.

All this mobility is exciting, and it's really cutting into the quality of her sleep. She gets a little screamy when she's tired, which is kind of new. But I always enjoy wondering what crazy position I'm going to find her in next.

Oh, and we just had her four-month visit: 12 lbs 3 oz, 24 inches long. That's about the 35th and 15th percentiles, respectively. The doctor called her petite. But she's sure a champion wiggler. My other kids have never been so energetic in their bedtime contortions.

1 comment:

Shelly and Kellan said...

My 16.5 pounder doesn't move much.... I wonder why? ha ha sounds exciting though!