Thursday, October 4, 2012

5, 25, 75

Last week we took Alice to the doctor for her six month visit. She's growing, albeit at her own pace. Here's the breakdown.

13 lbs 9 oz: about a pound and a little bit since three months, fifth (!) percentile.

I forget how tall she is.....25th percentile.

And....her head circumference puts her squarely in the 75th percentile. But don't tell Alice, she might get a big head about it.

Instead of growing in girth or hair length, she's been working on moving. Rolling, squirming, even a little scooting, mostly backwards. I put her in on the floor one day in the living room with some toys and went to do the dishes. Later, I thought, "hmm... Alice sounds really close." And she was--on the tile floor at the bottom of the stairs. She'd traveled about ten feet. I'm not sure how she did it; she prefers to do most of her moving unobserved. She's also starting getting up on her hands and knees and rocking back and forth.

And I say, hurry up and start crawling already. Maybe then you'll start sleeping all night again.

No comments: