Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Baby food and sundries

In choosing between not blogging because of no pictures, or blogging with no pictures, I choose the latter. Not that I don't have pictures, it's just too much work. I've been wanting to blog more. My friend who was RS president when her kids were small says that she doesn't remember a lot of when her youngest was a baby, because she was so busy paying attention to other things. So, I need to blog more so that I can remember things.

So here goes. I know I have a picture, which I'll post later, of Alice's first taste of baby food a couple weeks ago. I'm lazy and I don't start my kids on food till they are six months. And boy, was she ready. She slurped that oatmeal/formula mix up like it was gourmet. None of my kids have ever taken that well to food... She has her moments, and is definitely messy, but she loves the food. We've now started her on squash and she thinks it's great.

Which is good, because I'm gone more now, and she will not take a bottle. We kept hoping she'd get more used to it, or would just get hungry enough to take a bottle, but no. No formula, no breastmilk, nothing from a bottle. Although she will drink water from a bottle after eating baby food. Funny girl. I went down to the RS broadcast in Salt Lake, so we were hoping she'd eat from a bottle, but no. I fed her just before I left at three, she ate baby food for dinner, and was starting to get a little sad by the time I got home at 9:30. I walked into the room and said hi to her, then went back outside to give something to my aunt. And she gave up and wailed in despair. "Come back, mom! I've been waiting for you!"

{The broadcast was great, by the way. My sister got tickets from her ward, and invited my mom and aunt to go. My ward had tickets, and I tried to organize a carpool, and ended up with two people from my ward. So we combined groups and all headed down to Salt Lake in my van, which could have been weird, since it was two discrete groups that only had me in common, but it was really fun. And many thanks to Levi for tending the kids, especially a hungry Alice, so that I could go.}

She's still not sleeping through the night since we went camping over Labor Day. Labor Day. more than a month ago...that is not a short amount of time. It's time for this to stop.

Yesterday we had a grand Columbus day. In the morning, we had haircuts. That part was not grand. After preschool we went for a drive through the canyon to see the leaves. Nathan said they were beautiful. Then we had a picnic in Huntsville park, which made me want to live in Huntsville. It was a great park, and a beautiful town. Now if only we were wealthy, so we could afford to live in Huntsville; but I digress. In the evening we went apple picking at my brother-in-law's parents' house. Since they're on a mission in London we all got to lay claim to their apples, which will be tomorrow's project: applesauce!

And a phone call I was really dreading ended up going really well. So, victory! And prayer. That probably had something to do with it too.

And so ends a long and rambling post, with no pictures even to break up the nonsense. Sorry.

No comments: