After some more concentrated curiosity about the contents of my makeup bag, I decided to initiate Clara into the cult of beauty. Can you believe she's two and a half and has never had her nails painted? I stopped painting my nails years ago (maybe high school?) but I had some as a gift from a well-meaning visiting teacher. And, luckily, it was pink. Levi suggested if I painted mine it might cover up my ghastly toe, but no such luck. You think maybe he's tired of looking at it? (My toenail is black from where the edge of a dinner plate hit my toenail, before Labor Day. I'm starting to lose the nail now.)
We also did Alice's toes. She was not happy about it as it meant she couldn't touch her toes for a while.
Nathan wanted in on the fun. Dad was not on board. We compromised with one thumbnail, and the toes on one foot. Which we said we'd remove strictly before church the next day, but of course that didn't happen.
She was so excited. And, once I got used to the feeling of polish on my nails, I kind of enjoyed it too. Watch out; I might get all girly now.
1 comment:
I think the best excuse to get girly is having two sweet little girls to play with! Maybe someday.... (Don't tell I told you but one of our good friends has been known to paint his toenails along with his little Ellie princess...)
Post a Comment