Monday, November 5, 2012

The story of my sink.

A couple weeks ago our sink suddenly was draining really slowly. So, like all red-blooded Americans, we poured toxic chemicals down our sink and took care of the problem. Done and done.

But last week, it started draining slow again, and this time Drano did not solve the problem. I was thinking, we've been really careful to not let any food or anything go down the drains lately. And, if terrible poisons are not taking care of this, it must be really bad. But while Levi was at work and after a call to my home-maintenance consultant (read: my dad) I decided to become an amateur plumber. (Really, I had no idea it was so easy to just unscrew by hand the trap under the sink. Ridiculously easy.) Right away I could see the problem: 

 Yep, that's a rock. A rock. In the pipe under my sink. How?

We're not really sure, but we're thinking that something got caught down there, and over years and years the mineral deposits built up, until this thing was suddenly gumming up our drain. I'm just curious to see what it would have looked like before I started eroding it with drano.
 

2 comments:

Kay and Jessie Barton said...

You have a new trade to add to your resume! Good job!

Michael and Erin said...

WOW!