Monday, November 5, 2012

Sharing the Spoils

 We're trying to keep a lid on sugar comas around here, so the Halloween candy is stored on top of the fridge. Where, of course, I can sample anything that looks good when I take a fancy to. One day after lunch the kids chose tootsie pops as a treat. Nathan quickly finished his--he's a sucker biter. Clara took a little longer, and then I found her giving Alice some licks. As I went to get the camera, Nathan decided he needed a piece of the action.
 What a nice sister to share.
They all three very nicely took turns with the sucker, Clara making sure that each got equal licking time. Until Nathan decided to bite it. The sucker didn't last too much longer after that.

Oh, and by the way, that baby is scooting. For a couple weeks now. She'll get up on her hands and knees and lurch forward a couple of inches, and then start the process over. She's trying to figure out how to move those hands, and she's getting pretty close. Sometimes she'll get up on her her hands and her feet, with her bum sticking way up in the air. It's kind of like she's showing off her tricks, but we're a pretty appreciative audience.

1 comment:

Kay and Jessie Barton said...

Grandma loves these pictures! I was too slow but if they like small suckers, Grandma has a lot of Dum-Dums.