Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Twenty-Fifth

 Christmas Eve, just before bed. We worked all day to get the house clean so I could enjoy Christmas. Then in the evening we had dinner before heading to the live Nativity in West Haven. Our Barton grandparents and Uncle Will were able to come. The kids enjoyed seeing the animals, and even Alice enjoyed the angels up on the roof. I haven't been for several years and it was wonderful. It was bitterly cold and it was such a testimony to me to see the Roman soldiers march through the snow in sandals and the young children try not to shiver in the cold--the story they told was so important that they didn't care about the physical discomfort. I think I've found a good Christmas Eve tradition.
 Then, the next morning, December twenty-fifth, we celebrated Alice's nine-month birthday. Oh, and Christmas.
 The kids had a great morning opening presents. The crankies started to come out at breakfast, and really came out at at Grandma Burrows' house.
 After lunch we had a drive to Farmington and (yes!) naps. And then, it turns out, a drive to Grantsville and more naps for most of us.
Christmas was a good day. And now we've even (mostly) caught up with our naps.

No comments: