Monday, December 28, 2009

Our Christmas Story

Merry Christmas to all. We did take pictures, but since getting those pictures off the camera would take moving, and effort, they are going to stay where they are. I promise pictures soon. We also took video of Christmas morning. And we caught the whole thing, from Nathan's first-thing tantrum when he got his nose wiped then went back into his bedroom and started throwing things and yelling, to the very-last-gift opening. It's quite a video, I'm sure. You're welcome to come watch the lengthy saga unfold if you think you've the stamina. But I'll just tell you about my favorite part. After we got him calmed down, he walked down the stairs, peeked around the corner, and said "Boo" to the Christmas tree.

The rest of Christmas was also wonderful. I left the house, and got to see both sides of the family. We all got way more presents than we deserved, of course, and now have to decide where to store all of the new toys. Nathan got some blocks, which have been thrown only a few times (he loves to throw things) since it's far more fun to load them into one of the three dump trucks he got for Christmas. He loves them all, though, since they're all different sizes. Then, once the dump truck is full, you can dump them out and say "Crash!"

Grownup Christmas is not as much fun as kid Christmas. But we are excited about our new campchef, and are planning all the ways we'll put it to use this summer. No more trying to cook pancakes over charcoal briquets for us (it didn't go well, by the way).

And, owing to certain conversations, I've been reminded of my soon-to-be reality. I've been so focused on getting through this pregnancy that I kind of forgotten that the end result will be a baby. Ergo, I am nowhere near ready. And try getting ready for a baby while laying on the couch. Most of the shopping I've done has been buying warm-weather clothes on clearance (clearance deals are the best!) so this baby will be well dressed this summer. Until then, though, she may be naked. Thank goodness for online shopping.

We're planning on a c-section in about four weeks, when I'm 37 weeks. Anytime after 34 weeks, though, if anything happens they'll just go ahead and deliver. So, I'm 33 weeks tomorrow...the end is suddenly upon us. Now if I can only decide on a name.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Cassie misses Nathan! Although if he threw toys at her she might not miss him so much! Glad you had a good Christmas!

I am so glad you are almost to the baby part of the pregnancy! Do you want to borrow some baby clothes? They would probably be the wrong season (Cassie was born in July), but you are welcome to them if you want. Let me know and I'll bring them next time I'm up that way.