Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day 2013

Between Pinterest and my children's brains, Father's Day was pretty funny this year.

Clara:
My dad is 35 years old.
His hair is black and his eyes are blue.
My dad likes to wear glasses.
He loves to eat eggs.
He is smart because he knows how to help Nathan ride his big bike.
My dad works hard at writing on the computer and with a pen on paper.
Daddy always tells me to get dressed.
It makes my dad happy when I get dressed.
If he could go on a trip, he would go to the desert and  he would take Alice.
I really love it when my dad rides his bike. ("When will my father ride his bike?")
If I could give my daddy anything it would be a present.
My favorite thing about my dad is giving him a present for his birthday.

Nathan:
My dad is 35 years old.
His hair is gray and his eyes are green.
My dad likes to wear red clothes.
He loves to eat peppers.
He is smart because he knows about airplanes.
My dad works hard at work.
Daddy always tells me don't do something wrong.
It makes my dad happy when I obey.
If he could go on a trip, he would go to the desert or Australia and  he would take an airplane or he would drive.
I really love it when my dad takes me to the airplane museum.
If I could give my daddy anything it would be a house.
My favorite thing about my dad is he loves me so much.

This was the only surprise I could muster for Father's Day, and I'm surprised that we could even do that much. Levi I think is destined to not have any more surprises, ever. Nathan spilled the beans about his birthday ("We bought you a barn!"). Clara, at two different times, told him all about Father's Day (a screwdriver and a tool bag). And pretty soon Alice will be old enough to tell him things. Happy Father's Day, dad. We love you too much to keep any secrets from you.

No comments: