Thursday, June 13, 2013

More birthday fun

Here's what's up. June is being awesome. And busy. I've been working some more on my birthday month of fun:

June 7: attended Whitney's wedding reception, where I got to see Shelly and Kristen. Four of the six from Morgan Hall apt. 203.
June 8: Finally finished linseed oil on the house (woot!), and free swimming at the complex.
June 9: dinner at my parents' house with all my siblings and their children, as well as Linda and my grandparents.
10: play group at the park, then getting my house clean before tball. Getting my house cleaned up, while not exactly fun, was deeply deeply satisfying.
11: Hosted cousins in the morning, and friends in the afternoon. During a busy day of kids playing, I managed to sneak in about ten minutes of uninterrupted reading time, sitting in the shade in the backyard. Wonderful.
12: Play date with my good friend Aubrey and her kids, watched Mulan with the kids in the afternoon, t-ball pictures, picnic at the park, and then more t-ball.
13: cousin day at Beus Park, princess party at the community center, and, the highlight of every month....Book Club. It deserves to be capitalized.


And, I better write this down before I forget it:

Nathan, after we drove past the house in Roy I lived in until I was seven: "Mom, thanks for showing me about the good old days. When you were little, did you have cars?"

He then told me that if I didn't have cars, we could have just ridden around in carriages pulled by horses.

No comments: