Thursday, June 6, 2013

Golden Birthday Month



In my bloggy reading, I came across this poster. Which, really, can you argue with that? And so I've taken it for my mantra. Doing things fills up that anxious time between waiting for things to happen and fixing things that aren't going right. It's a poster that I would like to own, but then again, I'd have to pay money to get it. Which really isn't part of my strategic plan.

This month is my golden birthday. I've looked forward to my golden birthday, since it's supposed to be some magical golden shimmering thing of wonder. And, really, you need something to dress up 29. Such a blase number. So, my strategic plan for my birthday month is to do 29 fun things, one for each day.

Here's what I've done so far.
1. helped at a yard sale benefit for my cousin (sometimes, work can be a fun thing). Got a bike trailer/jogging stroller for only 35 dollars
2. taught a Relief Society lesson (it went well--I made people cry--and so that was a sort of fun thing. Can you tell I have to look for fun where I can find it?) Levi dutch ovened steak, potatoes, and a pineapple/mango cobbler--delicious
3. finding myself alone in the middle of the afternoon, I took myself out to lunch at Cafe Zuppa's. That night we used our gift certificate to Farr's and went out for ice cream.
4.  visited an elderly couple in our ward, who insisted on making cotton candy and sno cones for my kids
5. attended Nathan's first t-ball game. It was an excercise in hilarity.
6. worked on making a mix of funny love songs as part of a wedding present. As part of this I reconnected with an old college friend whom I haven't talked to in too long.

So, there's six days so far. Nothing too ambitious, but I think I can fit fun things in every day, or at least recognize that I'm already doing fun things. Any ideas for what else I can do in my birthday month?

No comments: